The lights are already starting to twinkle, radio stations and stores are already playing holiday music, decorated Christmas trees are filling our social media newsfeeds, you may have even started lighting those holiday candles and let the sweet scents of cinnamon fill the air, and that just leaves the shopping. That’s right the holiday season is upon us. Not to fear, Shop Small Saturday is near!
As a magazine that focuses on community we want to be your guide to shopping local this season! Maybe you thought you wanted to support your local small businesses in the community before, but weren’t sure how. Here are 9 tips to help you get your holiday shopping done by shopping small businesses!
- Do you have someone special in your life that has a keen eye for décor? Or maybe you just need help getting your house ready for the holidays. Leave it to Kimberly Paulus with Decorating Den Interiors! She has everything from accessories to bedcoverings, furniture and more. And to save you some green she is currently offering 20% off lighting event for new customers! You can find more details at kimberly.decoratingden.com.
- For the busy people in your life give them (or even yourself) the gift of time this holiday season with a house cleaning. Mahoney’s House Cleaning Services offers cleaning with a personal touch! And to make sure your wallet doesn’t get cleaned out, when you purchase one gift certificate for a cleaning you will receive $15 off of your next house cleaning (no limit to number of gift certificates). mahoneyshousecleaningservices.com
- Are you ready to give your family the gift of a pool this holiday season? Make sure you get a quote from Outdoor Elements. They offer solutions for custom pools and fountains with award winning architecture, landscaping, patios, and even outdoor kitchens and fireplaces! Give them a call (713)955-0990 or visit outdoorelementstx.com!
- For the kids who have everything give them the gift of an experience this holiday season! Consider Dance lessons from DanceWorks (http://www.majestics.net), music lessons from Music Connection (http://www.themusicconnectionstudio.com), or martial arts from Bushi Ban – Sienna Plantation (http://www.bushiban.com)! This is the gift that keeps on giving that every child is sure to appreciate!
- Are you concerned about safety every time your child asks for a trampoline? Let Recreation Pro put your mind at ease with their Turn-Key Inground Trampolines. And for the child asking for a basketball goal, Recreation Pro is your go to source for that too! Visit recreationprotx.com or call (832)764-3775!
- For the fitness fanatic check out your local gyms for special promotions! CrossFit Better Than Yesterday is offering a New You Challenge starting in January to kick start your health and fitness New Year’s Resolutions! (cfbty.com)
- Brooke’s Boutique in Missouri City has something for every fashionista in your life. From the must haves in boutique clothing to that discounted gently used designer handbag we’ve had our eye on. http://brookesboutiquepearland.com
- Don’t forget the Matte Liquid Lip Stains for the makeup artist in your life! Local aesthetician and owner of SKYNN, Jessica Daboul, has developed her own line of beauty products, and just in time for the holiday’s is releasing a NEW Diamond Matte Lip Stain! Available in salon now, email email@example.com or call her today (713)550-2953!
- Check your organic health nut friends off your list and pick up juice and gift cards from Texas Fresh Juice! They offer a wide variety of delicious fresh pressed juices. Make sure you take advantage and mask those servings of vegetables your kids cringe at with juice. Visit them today at 8790 Highway 6, Unit 160, Missouri City, TX 77459.
Let us know how this shop local guide helps you accomplish your holiday shopping.
From our family to your Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Shopping!